Without the people who support us by raising funds we would be unable to provide leaflets and vital support to our patients; provide a helpline; help with medical research projects or push forwards with education.
- Who are those people? Anyone and everyone can be involved in some way, no matter what age or abilities they have.
- How much work is involved? You can make your own choices as to how much time and effort you are able to put in to your fund raising project. You may find that your company or school will be pleased to help you with an event, for example by allowing a ‘dress down’ day, or sponsored event.
- How do you get started? Have a look at the list of ideas that we have provided, you will be surprised at how many things there are that you could do.
- What help can the BPA offer to fundraisers? We can advertise your event on our events page and may be able to offer other practical advice. We can provide sponsor forms and gift aid declarations as a pdf or a Word document. We may be able to provide merchandise for the event, for example t-shirts and certificates. If you are organising a large event we can help with the local advertising and guide you regarding insurance, if required.
- What will I get from fundraising? You will have a great deal of fun; meet new people; forge new relationships, and have the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping the British Porphyria Association to continue its work helping patients and their families.