We are looking for a Treasurer to join our Board of Trustees.
A competent treasurer or part-qualified book keeper or accountant would be ideal. Experience in the charity field is desirable but not essential.
Our accounts are not complex, but we do have multiple income streams to consider. The successful candidate would need to maintain financial control and ensure we comply with our legal responsibilities as a Registered Charity.
This is a home-based role.
Expected hours: initially 2 hours per week during an extended handover period, increasing up to 4 hours per week.
- Keep clear, accurate records of the BPA’s financial transactions
- Manage the BPA’s budget, issue bills and organise receipts and payments of charity and volunteer expenses
- Manage the bank account and restricted fund accounts in consultation with the rest of the committee
- Manage income from multiple income streams, including grants, donations, PayPal, JustGiving, Easy Fundraising, Virgin Money, etc.
- Process Gift Aid claims
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation and give an annual financial report at the AGM
- Attend other meetings (approximately one virtual meeting a month, except for the 2-3 instances per year where there are face-to-face meetings)
- File returns with the Charity Commission and ensure the charity complies with accounting policies and regulations
- Arrange for annual independent examination of the accounts prior to the AGM
Our ideal Treasurer will have
- Financial qualifications and experience
- Computer literacy: competent using Outlook, Excel, Word and an Access database
- Good communication skills
How to apply
Applications must be made via John Chamberlayne, the BPA Chairman on email@example.com. Please provide your CV, along with a covering letter stating why you wish to work for the organisation, how your skills would add value to the board and any other relevant information.